Thursday, July 9, 2015

I succumb to kindness


Indians have that ancient kindness that probably has taken centuries to refine to an art form or better a way of life. People in the street are looking for your eyes and once you reciprocate their look they reward you with a generous smile. The connection is done, two souls have met for that brief moment and it is sufficient to warm your heart. I don’t think they realize how special it is, especially when you live in a society where people go out of their way to avoid each other look (and thank god for smart phone that makes this all operation a lot less awkward). The relationship with their body is also very accepting; an old lady in Pushkar during her bath in the holy lake was showing, I must say, impressive boobs for her age, so naturally that it was barely noticeable. I went to an ayuredic massage and really there is no the ritual of covering any part of the body that it is not involve in the massage. The body is part of the harmony with the rest, it is not to be covered or changed, it carries your soul, at the same time they take good care of it, and they all seem pretty fit! No gym fit but good food fit! It is known that Indian driving is pretty crazy and unruly, and honking is as common as accelerating, however no one insult each other, no one seems particularly stressed when cows, tuktuk, cars all meet at a roundabout, somehow they all know the rule of conduct and the flows of traffic continues. Unless there is an accident in the highway, at this point everybody from the nearest village drop whatever they were doing to participate to the event as they do for ceremonies. I have been here a week and every day I am astonished by how humans interact in this part of the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment