Friday, July 10, 2015

Kids in India


I have never seen a kid in India throwing a tantrum or for that matter crying and this is the good part; however there is a bad part to it: kids are little men and women with responsibilities and sometimes real jobs. Even if our driver tell us that the government makes real efforts so that every kid attends school and they give money to the family if a girl attend school until 16 years old and they also distribute free lunches. In the desert I saw kids walking in the dunes 7 km to attend school with 50 kids per class but carrying a very neatly written notebook. I also saw the kids working as our guides, it was deplorable and I had to be vocal about it with the person in charge, that besides the human side it was also bad business. However, those same kids were going to school next day, surely a bit tired but those kids are no kids. They are already grown-ups taking on themselves life difficulties! However they had smiles on their faces and we played on the dunes and in that moment they were kids again in need of a playmate and a mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment