Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Rajasthan stays with you


At the end of this tour in Rajasthan my best memories besides the impressive forts are the messy markets, the unpaved streets, the colorful saris, the animals walking undisturbed and the desert with his harshness and beauty. When just few hours of rain changes the color of the land and the spirit of the people, you know that you are in a different part of the globe with other priorities and other values. I don’t quite get the Indians with their obsessive sense of having good karma, however karma is luck but also harmony with the rest of their surroundings. As any proud cultures they seem very pleased when you value theirs but they are curious about yours and very amused when they realize how different the West is. They think they understand the West because of colonialism, tourism and the many Indians emigrants but I don’t think they realize the depth of our differences in looking at life. Now I understand why the Indians stick together in their community in the US, what really can they share with an anglo culture?

No comments:

Post a Comment